Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How to replace your heels (this will save me a ton)!

If you're like me, you wear through heels all the time.  Getting them replaced at by a cobbler is pretty quick and not too expensive (usually $10-15), when you compare it to buying a new pair of shoes.  But it can definitely add up!

I found these FabFeet Heel Replacements at Target and thought I'd give them a try.  You get 4 pairs for just over $5!


All you need is a pair of pliers to yank out the old ones and a hammer (or if you're lazy like me, the side of the pliers) to pound the new ones in and you're done!   Here's pics step by step of my favorite black peep toe pumps...

Before - one was completely missing the rubber part 

After I had removed the old heel tip

New heel tip in, before finished hammering

Finished product!

Here's another before and after...

These probably would have looked better with nude heel tips, but for < $1.50, I can live with black!

Before
After




No comments:

Post a Comment